Thursday, March 6, 2014

Origin of the 2x2 Solver

I am on the 7460 team thunder FTC team this year, it was our first year and we were all getting to know each other. We found out that we could all solve a Rubik's cube. Originally we planned on making a robot from plans online but we ran out of time. I decided that I wanted to do more than just use someone's plans, I wanted to build my own, though a little less ambitious, 2x2 solver.
During my spare time I would work on the code. As of now, I have code that can store and simulate a Rubik's cube. I am now starting on the actual solving algorithms. I have also attempted the actual robotic part of the design but will likely scrap it because it is not reliable.
The code I have so far is on github, though I am planning on going through it at some point in order to make it easier to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment